Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Sturm to take over QuidKid Blog

Andy Marmer, Quidditch Post CEO

Recognizing a year-long vacancy in quidditch journalism and wishing to get back to his roots as editor-in-chief of an important quidditch media website, former Eighth Man Managing Editor Ethan Sturm announced that he will be taking over as Editor-in-Chief of the QuidKid blog.

Jack thePhan, who later revealed his last name was not thePhan but actually McGovern, founded the blog in 2011 at the age of 12 as a Death Eater Plot Against Baseball. McGovern subsequently began writing for the IQA and directed his first tournament, Keystone Cup, this fall. McGovern has moved on to bigger projects, as he will be overseeing the Quidditch Media Coalition, coordinating all USQ World Cup 8 coverage (which is still looking for volunteers; fill out this form).

Sturm was clearly elated at the possibility of working at a publication with such a strong legacy.

“I’ve long been a fan of Jack’s work, and other than my wedding day, the day I met him was the best day of my life,” said Sturm. “You know what, correct that. Meeting Jack was the best day of my life, period.”

McGovern, however, seemed less enthused about working with Sturm.

“Honestly, I’ve found it all a bit annoying,” McGovern said. “Ethan kept bothering me to update the blog, so I told him one day, ‘if you love it so much, why don’t you do it?’ I didn’t think he’d take me seriously.”

Sturm served as Editor-in-Chief of the Eighth Man until August of this past year when, with a large time commitment on his hand, he stepped down, bringing in Amanda Dallas, then the USQ Editorial Manager.

“I’ve long rued the day that I lost out on Jack to the then-IQA,” said Sturm. “I know that I can never replace Jack’s amazing legacy; I just hope I can return the blog to just a fraction of its old heights.”

McGovern was not available for further comment as he was busy fretting over asking a girl to junior prom.

No comments:

Post a Comment