Social Media Manager
10 hours per week
The Deputy Social Media Manager is a supervisory level position that helps the Social Media Manager oversee the social media department. The Quidditch Post’s social media department is crucial in constructing the narrative of quidditch and as assistant social media manager you would be front and center in this process. The main goal of this position is to ensure that the Quidditch Post is well represented across its various platforms. Candidates should have experience with Facebook, Twitter and other social media websites. Facebook may require use of your personal account for sharing in groups.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Takes ownership in developing and implementing a strategic plan for the Quidditch Post’s use of social media
- Hires, trains, and develops staff members for the social media department
- Share Quidditch Post content through various mediums
- Arrange live tweeting for tournaments in consultation with senior editors
- Advise the Quidditch Post on regional concerns relevant to social media
- Engage with members of the quidditch community from the Quidditch Post’s various accounts
- Strong understanding of the English language
- Familiarity and experience with one or more of Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr
- Desire to see the Quidditch Post thrive
- A passion for the sport of quidditch
If interested, please contact Volunteers Director at email@example.com. Please include your name, contact information, and a short summary of why you are interested in this position.