5 hours per week
1-2 hours researching content
1 hour planning podcast
1-2 hours recording weekly segment
Analysts will operate behind the scenes during podcasts and other media productions and serve as informational quality control. Script writing for media productions and conversing with active podcasts will occur regularly to stimulate conversation.
Podcast episodes will use three primary aspects of Quidditch as the basis for the episode, and then branch out from there into a format of the host’s choosing, allowing them as much creative control as possible within the QP guidelines. The three aspects of focus are as follows:
The accessibility of a podcast to its target audience is crucial to the preparation of a podcast, particularly where it comes to ensuring a consistent feel for viewers. In some cases, topics may be approved even if they are outside subjects relevant to the podcast’s target audience but it will be encouraged that the majority of the weekly episode be within their scope on the sport.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting in the preparation of podcasts that release both bi weekly and weekly
- Podcasts will run at 20, 30, and 45 minutes, content dependent
- Analysts are to be well versed in and prepared for the content that they are producing
- Quality recording equipment is encouraged to ensure sound quality, all podcasts will be subject to a quality control review to ensure that the quality of the production is representative of the QP brand
- A strong knowledge of the sport of Quidditch and a willingness to learn and improve
- Knowledge/willingness to learn to use G-suite tools including, but not limited to, Google Sheets, Google Docs, and Google Drive
- A desire to see the Quidditch Post thrive
- A passion for producing commentary and the sport of quidditch
If interested, please contact the Volunteers Director at email@example.com. Please include your name, contact information, and a short summary of why you are interested in this position.